My sister-and-law bought me these bubbles when I was pregnant. We didn't know what we were having, so she bought me several things that were gender neutral. But, after looking at all G's frilly pink clothes these looked a little boyish to me. So.... I decided to change them up a little.
This is what I started with...

And....These are what I ended up with!

I took the side tabs off and restitched the side seams. Then, I took off the buttons and replaced them with covered buttons that I made. Next, I added the appliques. I don't have an embroidery machine, so instead I drew my own shapes, machine sewed around them and then hand embroidered the small details.

I think they turned out really cute!

Here's my little sweetie showing off one of her new outfits!
The appliques are wonderful. A fancy sewing machine would be great, but, honestly, it wouldn't do any better than what you did.
ReplyDeleteGood idea! I have a couple bubbles monogrammed with P's initials... and was trying to think how I might reuse for Lainey... I am totally going to copy you! :)
ReplyDelete